Monday, April 9, 2012

My How Time Flies

It's been a while since I've posted something so this is just a little update. Nothing really to exciting has been happening recently. Just waiting for the summer to start so I can start playing outside and doing fun things again. But until then, the next big thing to happen will be Brad coming home from his mission. May 16th is the big day and all of my family should be coming into town for it. I'm super excited for him to be home and for all my family to be together for a while again. 

Now for the update....
Well my best friend, Ivy, is now married and I got to throw her her bridal shower. Lucky for me it was super easy for a couple reasons. One, because I've thrown a couple others for other people and already had ideas. Two, because of my new addiction...Pinterest! I found this really cute banner and decided to make my own for Ivy's shower. I didn't want to take a picture of me making all this cause it was a huge mess. 

Let me tell you, if you don't have a cricut and your crafty...oh my gosh, go buy one! This banner was SOO easy to make thanks to the cricut!

I got to this point and had to go to the fabric store to get some ribbon to hang it.

You can't see it to well but the ribbon is Tiffany blue to match the shower colors. I wanted to get a little splash of color in there, and also I can switch out the ribbon in case I ever want to use it again at another time. 

This is the finished product. Man someone should be paying me to make such cute things! I got tons of compliments on the banner. Everyone loved it!

Second greatest idea from pinterest that everyone also loved was...make your own fruit pizza! 
The base is a sugar cookie, the frosting was made from whipped cream and cream cheese, and then Ivy and I picked our favorite fruits for the toppings. Strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, and raspberries. YUMMY! 

The food and banner together....Thank you pinterest! You made me look so good to everyone that loved these ideas!

Kim and I at Ivy's shower. She will be the next to get married! (In August) I Can't wait for her and Brent to tie the knot! She also asked me to be one of her bridesmaids with her two sisters...I seriously felt so honored! 

Fast forward a couple weeks.The wedding day!
Beautiful bride and beautiful dress (your welcome Iv ;)). 
So happy for her and Jason! 

After all this happy wedding-ness how could it get better? Oh it does! My best friend from Jr high and High School came home from her mission just a few weeks ago. AND on top of that I found out our other best friend had move back to Boise. So we just HAD to get together!
Jr High best friend reunion! 
The three of us have SOOO many memories together! But all of us couldn't help but to feel so old now. Me an assistant manager and helping run a business, Rachel a Returned Missionary and finishing up college, and Rebecca a mom of two adorable little girls and a teacher. Gosh how time flies. But I'm so glad that after all of these years we still have remained close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment